Whim (DnB Loop) Whim (DnB Loop)

Hello there!
Making a DnB beat (or any kind of beat, really) is pretty easy...but making a GOOD one is the hard part.

On to the actual review!

- That piano melody is lovely.
- You should decrease the amount of detune of the synth. Or detune the piano a bit more.
- Try introducing dynamics to the drums, the snare in particular (as in, making some hits softer than the others).
- Adding effects (like a build-up white noise sound) and probably a cymbal hit would make this sound a lot better.

MJFarts EPIC electro track!! MJFarts EPIC electro track!!

I actually thought you made a track for him.
5/5 would recommend

JB - Remote [WIP] JB - Remote [WIP]

Something tells me that's not a piano playing, but rather a Eastern stringed instrument (a koto, perhaps?).

- I really love the mixing in this.
- You could try varying that beat a little. Maybe throw in a cymbal every 2-4 bars or change that kick snare pattern?
- That koto melody gets a bit repetitive. Have another instrument playing something else would fix that.
- I think you should probably add another 30 seconds to this WIP (make it a full minute, basically).

jbarnett responds:

theres piano AND a plucked string synth in there

Filthy, Filthy Drum and Bass Filthy, Filthy Drum and Bass

"Filthy, Filthy Drum and Bass" sounds like a proper for track like this. Reminds me a bit of Broken Note.

- That buzzsaw synth could be a bit quieter. The bit it plays sounds a bit off too.
- I would replace that kick (the one used in the break) with something that sounds a bit deeper.
- Those are some killer breaks, man.

Macca3232 responds:

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it. The gear I used was a pretty sweet set up, but all out of my price range :( Only had 2 days to work with it but I'm happy with how it turned out. The buzzsaw synth your talking about is the only thing I regret with this song and I cant change it now as I lost all my data when I got a new Macbook XD

Smokin' Blunts Smokin' Blunts

THIS IS A CERTIFIED HOOD CLASSIC
420/69

Raisin Bread Anthem Raisin Bread Anthem

This song is appropriate for consuming any kind of bread tbh :P Anyway...

This is more suitable to be a loop rather than a song...unless if you're gonna extend this. Another thing is the outro. It's too short, yo.

Also, describe the "raisin bread" genre. This could be the next big thing since big room house.

TheAudioGuy responds:

From The Depths (Drumstep From The Depths (Drumstep

preface.txt

- That intro is a bit too long.
- The volume could be a bit louder. Particularly for the drums.
- I feel as if this track lacks the lower frequencies. Maybe a sub bass, or a bass would do some good.
- I love those synths. They're very well made.

yeajimmiboi responds:

Thanks mate I'll use this in the next version of the track. thanks for commenting.

Party Time Party Time

Yo.

- The track is pretty loud, so you might wanna take it down a notch.
- That bass is pretty buzzy. Too buzzy.
- The synth playing the melody at 0:22 could have it's high frequencies cut a little.
- It doesn't loop cleanly. If you're using FL Studio, before you export the track there is a setting (Looping mode) where you can either choose to leave the remainder, wrap it, or cut it. I'm not sure what DAW you used to make this though. :/

freaksy101 responds:

Alot of those were done intentionally. Also I used audio sauna to make it.

Waterfalls Waterfalls

intro.txt

Man, your drums are pretty...thin. I'd suggest using different samples for it. Also, somehow I got the feeling you added too much reverb to it.

The song is pretty repetitive...and quiet. Maybe a different melody, some variations of the beat, and a little bump for the volume would do some good.

I don't know why, but I feel like the background's (I don't know a better word for it) a mess partially caused by the reverb on the drums, and something else that I can't really put my finger on.

Also, the lower frequencies is almost nonexistent in the track. Throw in a sub bass for good measure.

hoorayjay responds:

Thank you for you review! It is quiet because I didn't master it (because i don't know how lol). The background thing is a point I haven't heard before, I'll make sure to look into it.
This was just a test for mixing styles of music, so thank you!

Air Raid Air Raid

Uh-huh.

- Well, this actually belongs in Techno more than anywhere else...
- That melody and beat is very repetitive.
- What's up with that transition at 0:26?
- So, I've heard some samples in this track which is; an air raid siren, a bomb being dropped, (what I think is) an explosion, a guy singing(?), and a...crying baby? The first 3 I can let it slide since it related the track to it's name (albeit used pretty badly), but what does the last 2 samples has to do with air raids? Or wars?